Affordable Clogged Drains Services in Chicago & Lombard, IL
Common Causes For Clogged Drains
Clogged drains are one of the most common plumbing problems our customers face. Clogs can be caused by a wide variety of culprits – but there are a few that occur more regularly. If you have a clogged drain, you can likely attribute it to:
- Debris and Residue buildup. Even seemingly innocent substances like soap scum or “flushable” wipes can wreak havoc inside your plumbing. To prevent clogs from occurring due to debris and residue buildup, make it a habit to flush only dissolvable materials (toilet tissue vs. “flushable” wipes) and clean your drains regularly with hot water.
- Corrosion. If your plumbing system is older or hasn’t been maintained regularly, you might find your pipes falling victim to corrosion within your pipes. Corrosion, or breakdown of pipes, can turn small clogs into a much larger issue if left unaddressed. If you suspect your pipes are corroding, give us a call to look into the issue for you!
- Tree root infiltration. Sometimes, the term “When nature calls” is applicable in the bathroom in more ways than one. Tree roots and other natural elements like dirt don’t belong in your plumbing system, but that doesn’t mean they don’t occasionally find their way into pipes. If you’re dealing with clogged drains due to tree root infiltration, chances are you have several clogs on your hands – along with backups into the tub and sinks. While mother nature is beautiful, trust us when we tell you that tree root infiltration is not a pretty situation. Call Rocket Plumbing right away if your plumbing systems are clogged and backing up!
Early Signs of a Clogged Drain
Let’s start with the good news: There are several relatively obvious signs of a clogged drain, making clogs relatively easy to diagnose. The bad news? Clogged drains aren’t always evident before they become a problem. To diagnose clogs early and before they turn into costly issues, it’s important to know the early signs of a clogged drain. Slow draining sinks, bubbling toilets, stenches or odors coming from the drain, or water backups are all telltale signs that your plumbing system is in need of some TLC. Luckily, our team at Rocket Plumbing is experienced in finding the source of clogs quickly to get things flowing back to normal again in no time! Give us a call today to schedule a drain cleaning or clog removal service.
Advice From us
Can we let you in on a little secret? Having a few basic plumbing items on hand in your home can help avoid emergency plumbing calls. While we love to help our customers in need, we love when our customers have the tools and knowledge to solve their own plumbing problems even more! If you find yourself struggling with a clogged drain, take our advice:
- As a general rule, avoid liquid chemicals. Depending on what your plumbing system consists of, chemicals can erode or damage your pipes beyond repair.
- Even professional plumbers start with a plunger. Having a good plunger in your home can help solve a lot of plumbing problems. When in doubt, plunge it out! Use proper plunging methods such as pouring hot water down the drain before plunging and using vigorous movements.
- If plunging doesn’t work, try a drain snake. Drain snakes are available at virtually any hardware store and are another great plumbing tool to have on hand. Inserting the snake into the clogged drain can help to push through whatever blockage exists in your pipes.
If you’ve tried these DIY attempts at clogged drain repair and the clog still hasn’t budged, give us a call. Our professional emergency plumbers at Rocker Plumbing in Chicago can handle the toughest clogs to get things running (and draining!) smoothly.
How to Clear Clogged Drains Safe
Hopefully it is not an emergency, but if necessary an Emergency Plumber Chicago team member is here to help.
Mission: POM (peace of mind)
Prices: Very Competitive
Water backing up in the drain? What do you do? Get a liquid or call a plumber? Can I do it myself? Addressing these questions before they occur is a step in the right direction that could save you time and money.
Advice from us:
Don’t buy liquid chemicals. These chemicals can erode or do other damage to your pipes. The chemicals can mix and cause an eruption in the pipeline.
Chicago plumbing emergencies involving clogs can be first treated with the coveted plunger. (Having a plunger on hand at all times would be a wise investment).
Plunging the clog-free is both safe and effective. If only one drain is clogged chances are you’re only dealing with a very localized problem that can be resolved by using the proper plunging methods. Pouring hot boiling water down the drain before plunging can loosen the clog. Be sure to give yourself enough time for the water to cool down just a bit before using the plunger. This will prevent water burns if the water should squirt back up toward your face or body.
If the drain is not unclogging more than one drain may be involved. Having a tool called a snake on hand would be very helpful at this time. This tool can push through the clog releasing any matter causing the stuff up.
When all else fails, it’s time to call on an Emergency Plumber Chicago expert that deals with clogs and emergency plumbing.
Having the right resources available before the problem can save your sewer as well as your pocket. Remember, a plunger and a snake is all you should need to save, save, save. And don’t forget when all else fails, a professional Emergency Plumber at Rocket Plumbing in Chicago can take it from there.
When it comes to clogged drains, look no further. Regardless of your situation, the licensed plumbing professionals at Rocket Plumbing will help you get your clogged drain unblocked. You can count on us for the best advice, service and emergency plumbing in the industry.
Emergency Plumbers in Chicago And Suburbs Service Area
Need an Emergency Plumber in the Chicago area to unclog your drain and halt the potential water damage and sewage problems that could be affecting your home? Call us now, and we’ll come to your immediate assistance. Call (773) 219-1200 for a free quote and to schedule your appointment today.
Choosing The Right Professional For The Job
When you call upon a company to come into your home for repairs, it’s important to find a team you can trust. Our customers in the Chicago area have been trusting Rocket Plumbing for years, both for routine services and emergency plumbing. Our professional, experienced team is available around the clock at (773) 232-4603. Give us a call for a free quote, to schedule an appointment, or for immediate assistance with our reliable emergency plumbing services.