Automatic Leak Detection and Water Shutoff Valve
Water leaks are a leading cause of property damage every year
Water leaks are a far more likely threat than fire and theft combined. All properties have smoke detectors and many homes are armed with security systems to guard against burglary. Yet plumbing leaks are more likely to destroy property than fire and burglary combined.
Up to 80 pounds of water pressure is constantly being exerted on hundreds of feet of pipes, fixtures, and appliances in the typical home. When a leak happens anywhere in this complex plumbing supply network, an automatic leak detection system like FloLogic will catch it and stop it before significant damage can occur. Even a two-drip-per-second pinhole leak will lose 77 gallons in just one week.
Here are some of the most common sources of leaks
Plumbing Supply Lines: Hoses that connect to washers, ice makers, toilets, and other appliances often fail unexpectedly.
Appliances: Most water heater lifecycles end with a leak. While washers and icemakers have multiple potential failure points.
Pipes and Fittings: Aging systems, certain water types, faulty installations, and defective components (such as polybutylene pipes) can be trouble sources, causing everything from pinhole to catastrophic leaks.
Faucets and Fixtures: Drips that go down the drain wastewater, while other failures can quickly destroy property
Why you should consider installing an automatic water shut off valve
8.1% of homes experience a plumbing leak each year, that’s 1 in 12 homes (U.S. Housing Study)
12% of the water entering homes is wasted because of leaks, averaging 17 gallons for every home, per day (EPA WaterSense)
Leaks destroy property, cause mold infestation, and can jeopardize future insurance coverage
Fortunately, plumbing leak damage can be prevented when you invest in automatic water shut-off and leak detection systems. Here are a number of advantages:
- Protects against the cost, lost property and despair of water damage
- Typical water use occurs in intervals. Leaks cause a continuous flow. Detects virtually all supply leaks in real time, regardless of pipe size
- Battery backup and local control ensures protection during power and internet outages
- Recommended by home insurance, plumbing and security professionals
- Qualifies for insurance premium discounts from many companies
How a water leak detection system like FloLogic protects your home as simple as 1…2…3
- STEP 1: Have your licensed plumber install an automatic water shut off valve like the FloLogic system on the water main where water enters the property. Systems available for residential and commercial, water supply size 1 inch up to 2 inch.
- STEP 2: The system constantly monitors every facet of the plumbing supply to catch virtually all leaks, from small pinhole-size to high flow leaks. This gives you peace of mind if you are away for any length of time that your property is protected from water damage.
- STEP 3: The automatic water shut off system stops the water supply as soon as water flow violates your personal settings. You are then notified immediately through the app.