Expert Repipe Services for Homes, Multi Family Dwelling Units, and Businesses in Chicago
Solve Leaks, Low Water Pressure, and Rusty Water with your Local Repipe Specialist
If your Chicago or DuPage county (Chicago suburbs) home or business was built more than 20 years ago, you could have corroded or blocked or leaky pipes and valves that could cause increasingly costly problems for you as time goes on. Not even the strongest piping systems last forever; you may be due for a plumbing repipe.
Galvanized metal pipes deteriorate quickly and could fail and cost you thousands in water damage.
Signs That Your Home, Multi-Dwelling Unit, Or Business Might Need a Repipe Specialist
- Water doesn’t smell or look right – If you’re seeing discolored water leaking from the faucet, detecting any odors, or finding that your water has a foul taste, you can expect that your pipes are in the process of deteriorating. Restore your water quality with expert plumbing services and a full repipe.
- Frequent clogs – Even if you’re very careful about what you put down the drains in your home or commercial business, older pipes – especially those over 20 years – will be more prone to clogging just from normal usage.
- Low water pressure – while multiple problems can cause low water pressure, it can sometimes be indicative of a larger problem. If you’ve tried all of the usual ways to prevent low water pressure, it’s time to reach out to an experienced plumbing company for a repipe estimate.
- Water leaks – The most stressful sign that you need to begin the repiping process, a water leak can cause damage – and oftentimes, by the time you notice them, that damage is already done. Proactive repiping can ensure your water lines hold strong.
If you notice any of these signs that your Chicago home, apartment building, or business needs repiping, reach out to Rocket Plumbing as soon as possible for professional repiping near you.
Other Reasons To Repipe Your Chicago Home, Multi-Family Building, Or Business
Galvanized or Lead Pipes – Find out what your pipes are made of. Even copper pipes can be of low quality. The point is, all things have a life span and your pipes could be reaching the end of theirs. Since they don’t come with warning signs, it’s best to have them checked out periodically to avoid series water damage in the future. If you think you have lead pipes, reach out to a local experienced plumber to verify.
Preventing Corrosion or Leaks – Did you know that galvanized pipe and copper mixed together will corrode quickly? Leaks can also show up even in old-style gate valves from the corrosion of unlike metals. If your pipes are made of mixed materials, a full repipe will get everything on the same track.
Low Water Pressure or Rust Colored Water – If you’ve replaced that shower head and it still takes you a long time to rinse off, the corrosion in your pipes could be so bad that water can’t flow freely through them. And, rust-colored or yellow water is another sign that a pipe or valve is failing somewhere within the system.
New Codes & Practices – New codes and practices, such as using ball valves instead of old-style gate valves, work much better in protecting your home. A repipe service will ensure that all of the pipes in your Illinois home or business are efficient and up to code.
Benefits of Pipe Replacement
A home repipe is a permanent fix that saves you money in the long run. Making sure your plumbing system has the right type of pipe and valves ensures a stable and consistent water supply that will last for the life of your home. Because there are several different piping material options available today, hiring the repipe specialists at Rocket Plumbing to handle repiping your home is the best course of action.
Styles of Pipes Used In Repipe Projects
Not every plumbing system is built the same, and no two repiping jobs will be either. There are multiple different types of pipes used in residential or commercial repiping. Each offers its own unique set of benefits, and each serves a different purpose.
- Copper pipes are strong, corrosion-resistant, and non-toxic. It’s also used for air conditioning, fire sprinklers, and medical gas delivery systems.
- PVC pipes are ideal for many plumbing and drainage uses, like sump pumps.
- PEX offers an additional advantage over rigid piping. PEX’s flexibility allows for slight expansion in freezing conditions. The greater flexibility simply means it may be less likely to burst as a result of freezing.
Rocket Plumbing also services cast iron pipes and the vast majority of other common piping materials used in homes. Some are extremely durable, while some are budget-friendly. Hiring a repipe specialist gives you the opportunity to learn more about your options, choosing the one that’s right for your goals.
Contact Us for Repiping Services and Expert Plumbing Solutions
For expert repiping services and innovative plumbing solutions in Chicago, trust Rocket Plumbing, your reliable plumbing science specialist. Contact us today at 773-299-1600 or email us for more information about repiping your home, multi-dwelling building, or business.