Des Plaines Sewer and Flooding Programs
For residents living in Des Plaines ( DuPage County ), there are currently multiple rebates benefitting homeowners. Call us (630) 228-1440 to help you improve your sewer lines for your home.
Current Rebate Programs
All year-round, no matter the day or time, rain, snow, or sunshine, the Des Plaines Public Works and Engineering team is working hard. When you drive on local streets, turn on your faucet, flush your toilet and dispose of your garbage and recycling, the team had a role in delivering that service.
In fact, 82 full and part-time employees are working every day to maintain 188 miles of storm sewer, 169 miles of sanitary and combined sewer, and 233 miles of water mains. The PWE team handles main line rodding and root cutting, mainline televising, lift station operation/maintenance, catch basin cleaning, flood response and utility locating.
Flood Rebate Program
The Flood Rebate Program allows up to a maximum rebate of $2,000 based on 30% of the actual cost of the verifiable construction of flood mitigation/prevention projects performed on a residence.
Residential Projects Covered
Examples of projects covered include:
- Backup battery sump pumps
- Backwater valves in basements or yards
- Basement flood control systems
- Footing tile with sump pumps
- Overhead sewers
- Sump pump connections to storm sewers
Sanitary Sewer Lateral Program
The Sanitary Sewer Lateral Program provides limited financial assistance to residents facing sanitary sewer complications within qualifying areas. A sanitary sewer lateral is the section of the homeowner’s sewer line that runs from the house to the sewer main in the street, parkway, or easement area. Most of the time, roots in the sewer service line are the cause of the back-ups.
If a Des Plaines homeowner experiences a sanitary sewer backup, the following steps will help determine if any work is eligible for financial assistance (maximum of 30% reimbursement) up to $4,000.
Step 1: Call the Public Works & Engineering Department at 847-391-5464 to inspect the sewer main
Step 2: If the main is not causing the back-up, the homeowner will be directed to hire a sewer contractor/plumber to check their individual sewer line.
- If the blockage is within the City’s right-of-way or easement and can be cleared, the homeowner will be eligible for a reimbursement of 30% of reasonable rodding costs, up to $100.
- If the blockage cannot be cleared by rodding and the problem is within the right-of-way or easement, the Plumbing Inspector will make the determination to authorize the homeowner’s plumber to proceed with the repairs at the homeowner’s cost. Thirty percent (30%) of the total repair cost can be reimbursed to the homeowner, up to $4,000.
- If the blockage is not within the right-of-way/easement, the homeowner is responsible for all costs. The homeowner is also responsible for all routine maintenance costs for the section of the sewer lateral not within the City’s right of way/easement.
And That’s Not All! Call (630) 228-1440 today.