Palatine Basement Protection Program
For residents living in the Village of Palatine ( DuPage County ), there are currently multiple rebates benefitting homeowners. Call us (630) 228-1440 to help you keep your basement from flooding.
Current Flood Assistance Programs
There is a public interest to encourage owners of homes with older-style plumbing to take measures to either protect their homes from sewer back-up or upgrade the system to current plumbing standards. Besides protecting the health and safety of its residents from the effects of sewerage back-ups, it also reduces the amount of extraneous groundwater and rainwater entering and thereby overloading the sanitary sewer system.
Homes built after 1972 have separate sump pumps for the foundation drainage system as well as overhead plumbing for the sewerage system. A separate foundation drainage system keeps the groundwater collected by the footing drains from entering and overloading the sanitary sewer system during rain. An older plumbing system can be upgraded to minimize or prevent sanitary sewer backups into the basement. These include back check valves or converting the plumbing system to the overhead type.
Multiple Prevention Options for Protecting Your Home From Flooding
- Automatic sewer backup check valves – Village to contribute 50% of the cost to a maximum of $750
- Overhead sewers including mandatory footing drain disconnection – Village to contribute 50% of the cost to a maximum of $6000
- Replacement of sewer laterals from home to sanitary main
- Disconnections of sewer footing drains – Village to contribute 50% of the cost to a maximum of $2500
- Replacement or repairs to footing drains
- Replacement or installation of basement window well drain